Monday, May 20, 2019

2019 Arlington, Texas


Here I am starting our 2019 blog. For those of you that know me I was the in computers most of my life but I now find myself falling behind the times with this social media thing. Last year I fell off Facebook, not because of equipment failure but because of data overload. So, now I only use it occasionally, like now to let you know that my blog is up and running. Ok, that’s out of the way.


Welcome to our 2019 celebration of the 50th.  That’s right, Pat and I have been together for 50 years. And in the middle of 1969, we got married (right after some dudes walked on the moon). May 18th, we started a journey northward towards KC where we will spend Memorial Day. We did an overnight in San Antonio and did not even drop the car, we were that tired. 


Day two of our journey we arrived in a fancy RV Resort called Treetops in Arlington, located between Dallas and Fort Worth. Fortunately, we were able to get it at half price, else it would be $70+ per night. Our first night in we found a restaurant that had been on Diners, Drive-ins & Dives called Taste of Europe featuring Russian, Polish & German food. Average food but fun because of the people and the place. They sold a lot of Russian stuff.

Taste of Europe


I was able to get out and add number 222 to my golf courses by playing a course called Waterchase here in town. The course was in good shape, especially after all of the rain they have been getting and the staff was exceptionally friendly.

View of the 9th hole at Waterchase Golf Club in Arlington, Texas


After my round of golf, Pat and I drove around checking out the sights of Arlington and Fort Worth. Arlington is mostly just a college town, but Fort Worth is a place we think we should come back and spend some time in. 

Knights of Pythias Building Fort Worth, Texas

The above is a perfect example of the old architecture with the modern throughout downtown. Next installment we will be parked in Independence, MO.

No comments:

Post a Comment